Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Real Treat!

Baltimore Oriole

Kristin and I saw this gorgeous bird out at Two Rivers State Park, NE over Memorial Day weekend.  It flew down to the edge of the branch right in front of us, like it knew we were going to take his picture!  It's a little back-lit, but it was the best I could manage, given the angle.  It's hard to describe how brilliant the orange is in real life.  This was really a neat sight!



Hairy Woodpecker

This bird is very similar to the previously posted Downy Woodpecker, but it is much larger in size...I'd say at least twice as big.  He's been a recent and frequent visitor to our feeder in the past couple of days.









House Finch and American Goldfinch

The House Finch is the reddish colored bird on the bottom.  The Goldfinch was featured previously.  This birds are great to have in our backyard, they add a lot of life and sound the environment!  All three of us neighbors put out finch food, this just happens to be at a neighbor's feeder sack.





No comments: