Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Greetings Friends!

Well, it's Memorial Day Weekend!  Not only is this a time to remember those who have served our nation through military service, it is also a great time for me to spend some time with my family.  I thought I would take this quick minute of downtime to give a few updates about our lives here in the past few weeks.  Kristin is currently downstairs making her own laundry detergent...it turns out looking like a science experiment, but it cleans the clothes and for waaaay cheaper than buying the stuff...so I am all for it.

Work is going good for me, I am now instructing new guys who arrive here from other bases.  I really enjoy the instruction element, and I am looking forward to my tenure with this new squadron.  I also enjoy the fact I get to fly in the jet more often.  I am also right in the middle of my first master's class with Texas A&M - Commerce.  It's only a 2 1/2 week course, so it's really compressed, but I'll be glad to have it over with!

Kristin had the opportunity to fly Isaiah back home on his first airplane ride to see his Grammy and Great-Grandparents.  They had a really good time, but I really missed having them around the entire week.  After about four hours of being on my own, I texted Kristin and told her I was bored and she could come!  :-)  My parents also got to come for a few days.  What a treat it is to have the family around!  I love seeing them interact with their first Grandson!

Church has been great.  We are partnering with some other ministries in the Omaha area in June and doing a huge block party in a depressed part of town.  Based on historical data, we are expecting about 1,000 people in attendance!  Please pray this community would be blessed by this event and that each of the volunteers giving their time would reach beyond their comfort zone and grow in their faith and walk more closely with Jesus as a result of this event.

Isaiah is doing AWESOME!!!  He is crawling all over the place.  He pulls himself to a standing position, but hasn't quite got the hang of walking around the room on the furniture.  He loves to play tug-o-war with Cocoa, his John Deere tractor toy, getting the mail, other little kids, and going on walks with Mommy and Daddy.

Blessings!

Joshua, Kristin, & Isaiah


No comments: