Hello again friends. I was just looking at my last post, and it was at the end of January. When I look back...I can not believe time has flown by this fast. It seems surreal. I am roughly half way through the program right now. We just took our 2nd of 4 check rides last week. A check ride is a test conducted either in the airplane or in our simulators to see whether or not you are proficient enough to continue forward in the training. They say the 2nd one is typically the one that is most failed (40%), but we all passed in our class. The schedule is pretty insane some weeks, having us do anywhere from 10-14hr days at the squadron, but some weeks it is pretty relaxed. Before our last check ride, I had the opportunity to share some verses with my class, and it seemed to be very well received. I believe my class really enjoyed the encouragement and perspective the verses brought right before a big test. There are a two guys in class I have really begun to develop a strong friendship with and have had the opportunity to share my testimony with each of them, so I pray God continues stirring in their hearts and keeps them curious. I also pray I could be a good witness to them, and a constant source of encouragement. One of the guys has even begun going to church regularly with another Christian in my class.
Kristin and I are doing well. It has been an adventure for sure! She is working at the church we've been attending, assisting one of the pastors. She is currently helping organize a mission trip for the youth group to go to New Orleans in June.
We also just got back from our first camping trip up to a state park just south of Ft. Worth (Meridian State Park). It was a great time, even with a crazy thunderstorm on Saturday night. Her Mom and sister came down for a wonderful visit about two weeks ago where they visited Corpus Christi, toured the caverns here in town, went to Sea World, and had a blast at Six Flags. There is definitely a plethora of stuff to do in San Antonio. There are also a lot of small town local stuff we are just now getting exposed to. Things like the Poteet Strawberry Festival, where we both bought cowboy hats. We also do a lot of hiking at different parks in the area. My brother and his fiance met us in Ft. Worth a few weeks ago and we saw the botanical gardens and the Stockyards up there; Kristin and I both really enjoyed Ft. Worth...beautiful town.
We have been very busy with my program and with trying to see everything you can see in Texas. I think about you all very often, and I miss seeing you on a regular basis, but I am encouraged to see God working in this place, and that I am able to have a small part in it. I pray for you all, and as always, please share any prayer requests you have with me as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment