Well, it has finally begun! Kristin has moved down to Texas with me, what a blessing! Married life is really awesome, so far. I am definitely lucky to have Kristin as my wife...she pretty much rocks. It has been an adjustment...gaining three new roommates (Kristin, her cat, and her dog). They are pretty fun to have around, but definitely an adjustment. Praise God for Kristin's job she just got. The church we have been attending has offered her a part time position until she can find something more permanent working as an assistant to our pastor of evangelism and missions. It looks like she will be doing a lot of different random things for the church. It should be a fun challenge.
I started my actual training about seven days ago and have already had two tests! They definitely are not waiting around for anything. We spent the last week learning basic survival skills and aerospace physiology. We did get to spend one of the mornings in the altitude chamber which simulates us going to 25,000ft and not having any oxygen...we all got a little goofy in the chamber. Tomorrow I start on actual navigation stuff. I am looking forward to it, but I am also a little nervous about it. I have friends a few weeks ahead of us, and they always look fried. It will definitely be an interesting ride.
I had the opportunity to share my testimony with a guy last Friday in my flight, so please keep him in your prayers. He mentioned the he would like to go to church with me sometime soon, but he's not ready yet. I would just ask that you pray that I can be a Christian example to him and lead a life that would draw him towards Christ.
Hope you are all enjoying the beginning of the 2009. What an exciting time! God bless you, have a great day!
Here are some more pictures from the wedding...I hope you enjoy. :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment