Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ready to Travel Again

Well, I am very excited today. Kristin is going to be able to come down and visit this weekend. It is a bit of a bummer that Ike decides to show up this weekend and ruin the weather. We shouldn't see anything other than crazy rain and some high winds. It will definitely be refreshing to see Kristin though.

Once she leaves, I travel to Colorado and will be there for six weeks for training. I keep hearing it is a pretty tough program, and a lot of the guys who I went to OTS with, that graduated before me, are not making it through the ordeal. I have been doing a bit of studying before I leave, but it is kind of hard to know what to study. I hope that when I get up there, I can just buckle down and knock it out. The time there will probably fly by...not like the past few weeks here. I am definitely looking forward to having something to do all day.

I would say that I am "officially plugged into a church" down here. I had dinner with one of the pastors and some other folks from the church this past weekend, and he has asked me to help with the high school program once I get back from training. I think it will be a great growing and learning experience for me. I have been going to the men's breakfast on Wednesday mornings, and that has been a great encouragement. I have also begun to develop some friendships with some of the guys down here and two of the guys have asked me about my faith, which opened the door for me to share the gospel. Praise God for this opportunity! I was very encouraged by this, and I will be so excited to see how these friendships develop and what opportunities I may have to serve them.

I hope all is well with you. The wedding planning is coming right along, and I am so EXCITED about getting married! I know December will be here before I know it!

Anyways, you remain in my prayers. God Bless you, and I'll check in from Colorado next! May the peace of Christ remain in you. :-)

No comments: