Sunday, August 31, 2008

Greetings from San Antonio

Hey Everyone,

Well, I've moved to San Antonio, and I have gotten my stuff moved down from Indy. It has been quite the adventure. I am currently living on base in the dorms, and I can't move out until I get married, so it is definitely a hassle having storage and trying to move in and out and in again. The area down here has lots to do! I've been able to get out and enjoy the some of the local sites, and you can see pictures on the blog if you follow the link I added to the right of the page.

I am kind of in a holding pattern until I go for training up in Colorado. I leave in just over two weeks. I will be really busy once I am up there. All I've been doing now is just getting 'in-processed' on the base with what is essentially human resources, financial office, my training squadron, etc. Then, once all that is done, I go to my squadron in the mornings and see if they have any 'chores' for me to do, and if they don't, then I'm cleared off for the day. The 'chores' consist of washing windows,setting up for certain ceremonies, or other various tasks.

I do have a prayer request right now. I am praying I can find a community of fellow believers down here. I have gone to a church twice and I have really enjoyed it. It is Grace Community. I don't know if it is affiliated with the Grace Community churches I have seen up there. They are really mission-minded and gospel centered. I don't know if there is a young adult group or not, but I have gone to a men's breakfast which was good. I have a lot of peace about being there, but I hope I can connect with other people my age there.

Below are just three of pictures that I have taken from different locations around San Antonio.


Scene from Canyon Lake



San Jose Mission



"The Taj" on Randolph AFB

No comments: