Well, we have one graded measure left for training! We deploy this week and get to play paintball all week in the woods. We load up on a big transport plane on Monday morning, fly around in circles, throw up, land, and then get bussed out to the woods. It should be a lot of fun!
While in the woods we are tasked with establishing a base, running "flying" missions, and maintaining base security at all times. It should be a pretty a pretty fun time. I got some extra heavy duty bug spray for my clothes. The skeeters down here are of epic proportions.
Once I get back from that, then I have only 1 1/2 weeks until I graduate! Woo hoo! I then immediately head down to San Antonio. I am really gonna try to make it back up to Indy for a few days in the middle of August to get my stuff moved down to San Antonio.
Thank you for all of the emails and birthday wishes! Miss you all! I keep you all in prayers while I'm down here. You can call me at any time. I am not allowed to carry my cell phone with me, so I won't get in trouble if you call in the middle of the day. No worries there. I have had a couple of people ask me that question. If I can answer, then I will...best times to call is the weekend or evenings.
The picture below is from the 4th of July weekend when Kristin, my brother, my brother's now girlfriend (not pictured), and my parents came down to see me!
No comments:
Post a Comment