Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring time!

Well, here we are again, another fantastic Spring; however, this one has been more fantastic than most!  The weather has been spectacular, the flowers in full bloom, and the most drastic difference from previous Springs...the addition of our son, Isaiah!  What a joy it has been taking him on little mini-adventures to the backyard or to the park.  Seeing him beginning to play with the other kiddos in our small group, or just realizing how content he can be to just sit there and bang on his toys!  Trying to see life through his eyes has been incredible experience for me.  He's growing so fast and his personality is coming out...and he smiles ALL the time.  He's learned to wave, he has his first two teeth, and he loves Cocoa (our dog)!  His curiosity for the world is so refreshing.  Every new plant or new color he sees, he stares it, trying to figure out what exactly it is; this is almost always immediately followed by him trying to put it in his mouth.  He's eating "solids" and loves bananas, blue berries, black beans, and apple sauce, but he doesn't like peas (does not get that from me).  He's gone from being a very whiny and crying baby to a very content little guys who loves to smile at his mommy and daddy and play peek-a-boo, and it is a feeling that only parents can experience!

Work is going very well for me.  I've recently began a new program where I will be home for quite a while instructing new guys.  I have to pass my training for it first, but once that is complete here in the late spring, my time will be spent mostly stateside helping new guys learn the ropes, a task I am very excited about!  I am also getting rolling with my first MBA class at my new school, Texas A&M, in May.  I had to delay a little bit as I was getting ready for this training program, but it shouldn't put me too far off to finish in the middle of next year.

We have also gotten plugged into our new church, Waypoint, and we have made some strong bonds of friendship.  The more time I spend in churches and walking in my faith as a Christian, the more I am beginning to emphasize the importance of having strong friendships with other Christians where we can live in community together...not always in harmony, but definitely in community.  

Kristin has done an amazing job with Isaiah, and she is such a blessing a mother to our son, taking him with her to play groups, taking him to the YMCA for his first swim lessons, and singing fun nursery rhymes to him.

We have been so richly blessed as a family, and we are so grateful God has provided us with these cherished memories in our life.  We pray your Spring is as full of new life as our is!




No comments: