Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home Sweet San Antonio

Well, I'm all done with Colorado. I arrived back in San Antonio about a week ago. I am glad to have gotten out of Colorado when I did, because all of the guys who were just a day or two behind me have been stuck there an extra week because of weather delays. I am very happy about that. It was a good program, very tough, but I do feel like it was a good taste of what Nav training will be like when I start.

On my way home, I took an extra day and visited the Carlsbad Caverns. That was incredible. I've included some pictures for you to see. I can't describe how big this place was...underground. It is was ginormous! I would describe the rock formations as wickedly majestic.

Wedding planning is coming right along, as we have just over 5 weeks from the big day! Woo hoo! I am definitely looking forward to getting married, taking the honeymoon, and then getting to have Kristin with me here in San Antonio. We just have a few of the last minute details to work out.

I am getting involved with the High School Youth Ministry with my church down here. I think it is going to be challenging, but I am really looking forward to see how God leads me in this way. Please also keep praying for one of my buddies that has been open to hearing the Gospel. He has asked to come to church with me a few times in Colorado, and I am really excited for him to get plugged in here as well. My prayer is that he can see how my relationship with Christ has been transformational in my life, and that he would desire that sort of change as well. Also, I was able to share my testimony with three guys this week who were talking about going to a strip club. They could not understand why I would not want to go with them...which opened the door to share my testimony. Praise God for these opportunities.

I thank you for all of your prayers. Blessings to you!

You can always see all of my pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/Joshua.R.Alexander

No comments: